Decision Point #6 – Certification
The culmination of a completing a teacher preparation program is to apply for your Pennsylvania Instructional I teaching certificate.
Certification Forms and Tracking
There are two forms that must be completed for PDE for you to be endorsed for certification. Be sure to read the forms carefully and have all original signatures.
- Create a user account on the Teacher Information Management System (TIMS) WebSite
- Create a new teacher certification application on the TIMS WebSite
- Be sure to read the Code of Professional Practice and Conduct for Educators
- If you are a graduate or certification only student, you must complete the Certification Endorsement form
Tracking the Status of your Certification
Once Cal U has sent in your certification paperwork, you are able to Track the status of your certification paperwork at PDE
Adding a PA teaching Certificate
To add a PA teaching certificate, you will need to read the PDE website for the Add-On Certificate Requirements and complete a teacher certification application on the TIMS WebSite. Please note that Early Childhood and Reading Specialist are not add-on certificates and are treated like Instructional I (61) certifications.
Intern Teaching Certificate
The Teacher Intern Certification program at California University of Pennsylvania is reserved for individuals employed as a teacher in a public school district, state licensed child care center, or Intermediate Unit without a standard instructional certificate. Their admission to this program permits the use of their employment setting to fulfill field placement requirements.
- For additional information on the Teacher Intern Certificate Overview
- Complete an Teacher Intern Certificate Application in TIMS
- PDE requirements
New Teacher Support
Once you begin a career as a professional educator, you will certainly face many challenges and opportunities. Find out about the professional enrichment opportunities that Cal U education majors have available to them.