Decision Point #6 – Certification
The culmination of a completing a teacher preparation program is to apply for your Pennsylvania Instructional I teaching certificate.
Certification Forms and Tracking
There are two forms that must be completed for PDE for you to be endorsed for certification. Be sure to read the forms carefully and have all original signatures.
- Create a user account on the Teacher Information Management System (TIMS) WebSite
- Create a new teacher certification application on the TIMS WebSite
- Be sure to read the Code of Professional Practice and Conduct for Educators.
- If you are not an intial certification student, you must complete the Certification Endorsement form
Intern Teaching Certificate
The Teacher Intern Certification program at California University of Pennsylvania is reserved for individuals employed as a teacher in a public school district, state licensed child care center, or Intermediate Unit without a standard instructional certificate. Their admission to this program permits the use of their employment setting to fulfill field placement requirements.
- For additional information on the Teacher Intern Certificate Overview
- Complete an Teacher Intern Certificate Application in TIMS
- PDE requirements