Post Baccalaureate Teacher Certification Program
Candidates seeking admission to the post-baccalaureate teacher education program need to meet theses requirements:
- Possess a minimum 3.00 GPA at the time of application
- Pass all of the Praxis 1 exams (Reading, Writing and Mathematics
- Possess valid Act 34, Act 114 and Act 151 clearances
California University of Pennsylvania requires that candidates wanting to enter a post-baccalaureate teacher education program have a minimum GPA of 3.00. This can be calculated in three different ways:
- Use the final overall GPA from the graduating institution, even if only attended that school for 30 credits.
- Use the last 48 credits chronologically. Start with the most recent course and work backwards until 48 credits is reached. If 48 credits end in the middle of a semester, take the best grades. It is acceptable to use more than one transcript.
- Use the GPA Calculator (link on right hand side of page) to calculate your last 48 credits.
Please see page 16 of the Teacher Education Program Student Handbook for a more detailed overview of above requirements.