Frequently Asked Questions

Site Search

AcademicsAcademics Asked Questions

Q: Where is the Department located?
A: We're on the first floor of Azorsky Hall in rooms 117 & 118.

Q: Who is my academic advisor?
A: The system has recently changed. Use the first letter of your last name to determine your advisor as follows: A-D = Dr. Griffin; E-Ki = Dr. Hsieh; Kl-Re = Dr. Kuba; and Ri-Z = Dr. Nass. Pre-Law Advisement & PLA (Prior Learning Assessment) = Dr. Hummel.

Q: Where can I obtain forms for Change of Major, Declaration of Minor, Course Substitutions, etc?
A: In the College of Liberal Arts, Duda Hall 115.

Q: What are the requirements for graduation?
A: You must complete a minimum of 120 credits to graduate. Of these, 40% of your required coursework must be at the upper division (300-400) level; i.e. 48 credits = 16 courses. Additionally, there is a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0.

Q: What good is the Cal U email address that I was assigned?
A: Your University email account serves a multitude of functions beyond general University announcements. The Department of Justice, Law & Society sends out class cancellations, job and internship postings pertinent to your field, trip schedules, and other news of value to students of the Department. (REMEMBER THAT OUR DOMAIN HAS CHANGED FROM CUP TO Cal U effective 8-14-09.)

Q: How do I access my email from home?
A: Direct your browser to Forgotten password may be reset my contacting the Computing Services Center Help Desk at 724.938.5911.