High School Early Admit Program
Get a jump start on your college education! High school students who are ready to earn college credit can participate in the High School Early Admit Program. Students earn Cal U credit and receive an official Cal U transcript.
Here are the requirements for entry:
- The applicant must have completed the sophomore year of high school and be enrolled in a college preparatory curriculum.
- The student must complete an online or paper application and pay the one-time 25$ application fee.
- An Authorization for High School Students form must be completed with all necessary signatures affixed for each semester the student will be enrolled.
- The student's official high school transcript must be submitted for each semester the student will be enrolled. This needs to reflect a cumulative grade point average of 3.00 for the past two years.
- The applicant is required to have taken one of 3 standardized tests; PSAT, SAT, or ACT. Contact the Office of Continuing Education for current test score requirements.
- The student's status will be classified as non-degree for each semester while still in high school. Non-degree students are not eligible for financial aid. Up to 30 credits may be completed as a High School Early Admit student.
- If a student wishes to continue their education at Cal U as a matriculating student, a second application must be submitted along with the final high school transcript. A second application fee is not required.
Send all documents to:
California University of Pennsylvania
Office of Continuing Education - Box 94
250 University Ave.
California, PA 15419
Apply for Admission as Early High School Admit
- Application for admission (either hard copy or electronically at www.calu.edu)
- A nonrefundable $25 application fee payable to California University of Pennsylvania
- An official high school transcript for each semester that you are enrolled in courses
- Official copy of your PSAT/ SAT or ACT scores
- Authorization for High School Students form for each semester that you are enrolled in courses
Once a student is accepted as a High School Early Admit, it is recommended that they access the Parent/Guest Portal. Through the portal, students will grant parent permission to access their academic and financial record. http://www.calu.edu/families-parents/portal/instructions/index.htm
Get Adobe Reader
Adobe Reader is required to view and print PDF files. Click on the image below for free download.