60+ College Advantage Program
The College Advantage Program enables Pennsylvania residents, ages 60 and older, to take college courses tuition-free. Students may take classes and earn credits toward a Bachelor Degree, Master Degree or for non-degree personal/professional development.
You may elect to take a class and receive a grade, or simply audit a course. If you decide to audit a course, you will not receive a grade or credit. The course will be listed on your transcript without affecting your quality point average. Once you register to audit a course, it cannot be converted to a credit course.
Are there any costs?
Students are responsible to pay all university fees as well as the purchase of books and supplies required for the course.
How many classes can be taken each semester?
60+ CAP participants may register for up to 18 credits each semester. You may register for up to 21 credits with special approval.
Apply for Admissions for 60+ CAP
- Application for undergraduate or graduate admission (either hard copy or electronically)
- A nonrefundable $25 application fee payable to California University of Pennsylvania
- An official high school transcript and, if applicable, GED certificate and scores (this requirement is waived for students who hold associate or higher degrees)
- Official college transcript(s)
- Students must declare on the application and request that official transcripts be submitted to the Office of Admissions from all post-secondary institutions attended at the time of acceptance. Students will not be granted transfer credits from other institutions after acceptance.
- 60+ CAP Verification Form along with proof of age such as copy of drivers license or birth certificate.
Connect with Cal U
California University of Pennsylvania
Office of Continuing Education - Box 94
250 University Ave.
California, PA 15419
724-938-4491 / email@example.com.
Get Adobe Reader
Adobe Reader is required to view and print PDF files. Click on the image below for free download.