High School Early Admit Program
Get a jump start on your college education!
- High school students earn Cal U credits when they take either traditional face-to-face classes or 100% online courses that allow students to log on and complete coursework at their convenience.
- HSEA students pay a reduced tuition rate- just 25% of prevailing tuition plus the PASSHE technology fee.
- HSEA students can select courses from the Cal U academic schedule for the term they wish to attend. All course pre-requisites must be met. View available courses.
- Cal U credits transfer to other accredited institutions of higher education. If a student decides to attend Cal U upon graduation, he or she must apply as a degree - seeking student ( application fee waived), submit all required admissions materials, and meet admissions criteria.
- Students are advised to take one course per term. Students requesting additional course (s) will need permission from the Dean. Students may complete up to 30 credits in a non-degree seeking status.
- Enhance your college applications
- Enter college with credits earned making it easier to double major, participate in internships ad co-ops or graduate early
- Explore different areas of study to help you discover your interests
- Save approximately 75% of tuition costs for your HSEA courses
Students seeking admission to the HSEA program must:
- Have completed their sophomore year of high school and be enrolled in a college preparatory curriculum
- Have an overall grade-point average of 3.0 or higher
- Complete the online or paper application
- Pay the one-time $25 application fee
- Provide your official high school transcript
- Complete the High School Early Admit Authorization form and indicate that you have taken a standardized test. This form needs to be submitted each term that you are enrolled in courses.
Send all documents to:
California University of Pennsylvania
Office of Continuing Education - Box 94
250 University Ave.
California, PA 15419
Connect with Cal U
Once a student is accepted as a High School Early Admit, it is recommended that they access the Parent/Guest Portal.
Through the portal, students will grant parent permission to access their academic and financial record.
Get Adobe Reader
Adobe Reader is required to view and print PDF files. Click on the image below for free download.