Personal and Professional Development
You can register for Cal U undergraduate courses (as a non-degree student) for personal enrichment or professional development even if you do not plan to pursue a degree. Up to 30 credits may be completed in a non-degree-seeking status. After reaching 30 credits, students must either declare a major or indicate in writing that they do not plan to pursue a Cal U degree. Note: non-matriculating/non-degree students are not eligible for financial aid.
Remember, if you’re still exploring your interests, you can take courses as a non-degree student without declaring a major. Students who begin as non-degree students and later decide to complete a degree must submit all required admissions information (and be in good academic standing) at the time of application.
Apply for Admission for Personal/Professional Development
You will need to provide the following:
- Application for admission (either hard copy or electronically)
- A nonrefundable $25 application fee payable to California University of Pennsylvania
- An official high school transcript and, if applicable, GED certificate and scores (this requirement is waived for students who hold associate or higher degrees)
- Official copy of your SAT or ACT scores (this requirement may be waived for those two years out of high school)
- Official college transcript indicating degree conferred. If no degree has been earned, students must submit official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.