Dr. Craig A. Smith
- B.A.: University of Arizona
- M.A.: University of Missouri-Kansas City
- Ph.D.: University of Missouri-Kansas City
Dr. Smith is the author of "Failing Justice: Charles Evans Whittaker on the Supreme Court" (McFarland, 2005). He is working on a chapter in a new book on Supreme Court justices and their law clerks. He also is anticipating publication of chapter on public reactions to Supreme Court school prayer decisions, and he is researching new biography of Justice Tom Clark.
- The Craft of History
- Constitutional Law
- Judicial Politics
- History of Religious Persecution
- Teaching and Assessment of Social Studies
- The work of the Supreme Court and its justices
- How legal decisions impact people's lives
Student Research Projects
- Current project involves primary-source documents found in special collections of Manderino Library at Cal U.
- Department of History and Political Science
- B.A. Political Science