Dr. Diane H. Nettles
- B.S.: Elementary Education, University of South Florida
- M.Ed.: Elementary Education, University of South Florida
- Ph.D.: Curriculum and Instruction in the Department of Childhood/Language Arts/Reading Education. Dissertation: â€œA Study of the Variation in Probing Behaviors of Teachers Across Two Subject Areas and Two Levels of Student Abilityâ€
Dr. Nettles has been at Cal U since 1989, and has taught several literacy and field experience courses in the Childhood Education department. She has published two literacy textbooks, and a text on teacher portfolio development. and has presented at numerous local, state, and national conferences. Currently, Dr. Nettles serves as the department chairperson of the Childhood Education department.
- Department of Childhood Education
- M.E. Reading Specialist
- Grad. Cert. Reading
- B.S. Education in Pre-K - 4 Education
- B.S. Education in Middle Level (Grades 4-8) Education
"The best part of my job is when a student says, 'Aha! I get it!' There’s no better feeling than that."