Dr. Joseph C. Heim
- B.A., M.A.: University of Pittsburgh
- M. Phil.: Cambridge University
- Ph.D. University of Pittsburgh
- Certificate, International Finance, Wharton Graduate School of Business, University of Pennsylvania
Dr. Joseph Heim has served as a diplomat in the State Department (on one occasion with the Policy Planning Staff in the Office of the Secretary of State), and is involved in several organizations, from Jefferson Hills Civil Service Commission to the Consortium for Educational Resources in Islamic Studies (CERIS). His research concerns British policy making (he has received the Queen’s Silver Medal of the Royal Historical Society) to Islamic Thought and Government to politics of the world economy. His hobbies include visiting art museums, collecting Mughal miniatures and Baroque era portraits, to following the Pittsburgh Pirates and walking his family’s black Labrador and going to the Pittsburgh Opera – the operas of Handel especially.
- Department of History and Political Science
- B.A. Political Science