Dr. Justin Hackett
- B.S. Psychology and Political Science: Northern Kentucky University
- M.A. Applied Social Psychology and Program Evaluation: Claremont Graduate University
- Ph.D. Applied Social Psychology: Claremont Graduate University
Dr. Hackett is an applied social psychologist. His interests are in using social science research to address and ameliorate social issues.
- Hackett, J. D. (in press). ‘The Response:’ A day of prayer and protest. Politics, Bureaucracy, and Justice.
- Hackett, J. D. & Hogg, M. A. (in press). The diversity paradox: When people who value diversity surround themselves with like minded others. Journal of Applied Social Psychology.
- Hackett, J. D. (2014). Economic and social justice. In K. Harvey & G. J. Geoffrey (Eds.), Encyclopedia of Social Media and Politics, pp. 429-433. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
- Gaffney, A. M., Rast III, D. E., Hackett, J. D., & Hogg, M. A. (2013). Further to the right: Uncertainty, political polarization, and the American “Tea Party” movement. Social Influence. Advance online publication.
- Siegel, J. T., Crano, W. D., Alvaro, E. M., Lac, A., Hackett, J. D. & Hohman, Z. (2013). Differentiating common predictors and outcomes of marijuana initiation: A retrospective longitudinal analysis. Substance Use and Misuse. Advance online publication.
- Omoto A. M., Snyder, M., & Hackett, J. D. (2012). Everyday helping and responses to crises: A model for understanding volunteerism. In K. Jones & T. Morton (Eds.), Restoring civil societies: The psychology of intervention and engagement following crisis (pp. 98-118). West Sussex, UK: Wiley Blackwell Publications.
- Firestone, J., Hackett, J. D., & Harris, R. J. (2012). Testing relationships between sex of respondent, sexual harassment and intentions to reenlist in the U.S. Military. Public Administration Research, 1, 1-13.
- Harris, R. J., Hackett, J. D., & Firestone, J., (2011). Double jeopardy: Race/ethnicity and sexual harassment in the U.S. military. Journal of Public Administration and Governance, 1, 138-156.
- Omoto, A. M., Snyder, M., & Hackett, J. D. (2010). Personality and motivational antecedents of activism and civic engagement. Journal of Personality, 78, 1703-1734.
- Hackett, J. D. (2010). Personality/individual differences. In R. L. Jackson (Ed.), Encyclopedia of identity (pp. 548-552). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
- Hackett, J. D. & Omoto, A. M. (2009). Efficacy and estrangement: Effects of voting. Analyses of Social Issues and Public Policy, 9, 297-314.
- Arruda, E., Hackett, J, D., & Berry, T. (2007). After School All-Stars, Los Angeles: Evaluation Findings. Evaluation Report prepared for Los Angeles Unified School District.
- Department of Psychology
- B.A. Psychology