Dr. Mark L. Nowak
- B.S.: Industrial Education, University of Wisconsin-Stout
- M.S.: Industrial Education Support Field: Engineering Technology, Texas A&M University
- Doctor of Education: Technology Education Support Field: Curriculum and Instruction, Texas A&M University
Dr. Nowak teaches undergraduate and graduate-level lecture and laboratory courses for education and technology majors. He is a member of the Technology Education Committee and a faculty representative on the Technology Education Advisory Board. He is a member of the Periodic Program Review Committee and the Evaluation Committee. He is a faculty representative on the Health, Wellness and Fitness Committee, the Admissions and Retention Committee and the Curriculum Committee. He is also a member of the College of Education and Human Services Strategic Planning Committee.
Among his awards, he won the President's Award for Outstanding Service in 2002-2003; the Technology Education Collegiate Association (TECA) Distinguished Faculty Advisory Award (2001); and the TECA Outstanding Chapter Award (2001).
- Material Properties and Design
- Design and Appropriate Technology
- Designs in Bio-Related Technology
- Manufacturing Enterprise
- Engineering Design and Development
- Laboratory Design and Maintenance
- "Technology Education Association of Pennsylvania (TEAP) High School Technology Education Curriculum Guide" (Manufacturing Systems section)
- Numerous laboratory manuals published by Cal U
- "Wood Technology Student Manual"
- "Teaching Production Student Manual"
- "Plastics Technology Student Manual"
- "Construction Process I Student Manual"
- "Supervision of Science and Technology Laboratory-Based Teachers and Programs"
Service Learning Projects
- TEAP state affiliate representative to the ITEA (1995-present)
- Judge for events at the Pennsylvania Technology Student Association (PA-TSA) State Leadership Conference since 1986
- Presentations on educational opportunities at Cal U at PA-TSA conference
- Member, California Area School District Parent-Teacher Association Executive Committee (1997-present)
- TEAP adviser for the Technology Education Collegiate Association (1999-present)
- Member, PA K-12 Science and Technology Standards Review Team (1999-present)
- Member, PA K-12 Science and Technology Standards Evaluation Writing Team (2000-present)
- International Technology Education Association (ITEA) (1982-present)
- Technology Education Association of Pennsylvania (TEAP) (1985-present)
- Technology Education Association of Southwestern PA (TEASWP) (1988-present)
- Council on Technology Teacher Education (CTTE) (1988-present)
- CTTE Undergraduate Technology Education Subcommittee (1998-present)
- Department of Applied Engineering and Technology
- B.S. Technology Education