Dr. Mary O'Connor
- B.S.N: Nursing, Carlow College
- M.S.N.: Nursing, University of Pittsburgh; concentration: Nursing Administration
- Ph.D.: Nursing, University of Pittsburgh; cognate area: Nursing Administration
Dr. O'Connor has over 10 years' experience in nursing administration experience as director of nursing at two medical teaching hospitals in Pittsburgh, PA. She also has over 20 years' experience teaching in undergraduate and graduate programs and was coordinator of La Roche College's Graduate Program in Nursing Management from 1987 to 1993. In addition, Dr. O'Connor is a legal nurse consultant and, in addition to LNC practice and speaking widely on legal nursing topics, she developed and taught courses in legal nursing at La Roche College and the University of Pittsburgh's School of Nursing.
Dr. O'Connor is an active faculty member at California University of Pennsylvania. She was responsible for leading the faculty in developing the MSN program. For the first 8 years of her tenure at the university, she was responsible for coordinating the BSN program at the program's off campus location in West Mifflin, as well as teaching many of the BSN courses and advising many of the students at that location. She serves on many campus committees and is the Secretary of the University-Wide Promotions Committee, and Chair of the APSCUF Legislative Committee at Cal U.In 2009, Dr. O'Connor was honored to receive the California University of Pennsylvania's President's Faculty Award for Service.
- Legal Aspects of Health Care Administration Family Health Nursing
- Nursing Organization and Leadership Theory
- Nursing Administration Role Practicum
- Philosophy of Professional Nursing
- Family Health Nursing
- Trends and Issues in Nursing
- Leadership and Change in Clinical Nursing
- Doctoral dissertation: "Social Support for Nurse Executives in a Managed Care Environment
- Editorial board member, Journal of Legal Nurse Consulting
- Member of the American Association of Legal Nurse Consulting
- Board member for Southwestern Pennsylvania Organization of Nurse Leaders
- Member of the Plan Advisory Board for LIFE Pittsburgh, which helps elderly, needy individuals to live independently
- Department of Nursing
- B.S. Nursing
- M.S. Nursing Administration and Leadership
"I enjoy the students from the time that I meet them when they are considering going back for their BSN degree until they graduate ... and beyond graduation! I'm happy to know that I shared in their successes and accomplishments."