Mary Popovich, EMT-P, ATC, LAT
- B.S.: Athletic Training, California University of Pennsylvania
- M.S.: Athletic Training, Cal U
- PA-DOH: Certified Paramedic
- Pennsylvania Certified Athletic Trainer and Pennsylvania Licensed Athletic Trainer
Popovich began her career in emergency medical service in 1973 as a volunteer first-aider, and earned additional skills through a paramedic program until she attended college in 1996. She currently instructs undergraduate athletic training students, which provides her with an avenue to prepare them for "real-life emergencies" that may occur while functioning as a student or certified athletic trainer. She maintains her athletic training credentials as well as her continuing education requirements for the Pennsylvania Department of Health.
She recently became one of 60 nationally certified emergency medical instructors.
- Emergency Medical Technician Basic
- First Aid and Personal Safety
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
- National Athletic Trainers' Association
- Eastern Athletic Trainers' Association
- Pennsylvania Athletic Trainers' Society
Service Learning Projects
- "Dollars for Defibrillators" project raised money to buy three automated external defibrillators
- Volunteers with West Newton Emergency Management Association for disaster preparedness
- Provides expertise to Third World countries on best practices for patient care and certification in CPR, neonatal resuscitation, trauma care and advanced cardiac life support
- Recertifies students for CPR skills
- Volunteers expertise through Federal Emergency Management Agency
- Teaches physical fitness through play via her business.
- Department of Health Science
- B.S. Athletic Training