Dr. Michael Perrotti
- B.S Secondary Education: Mansfield University
- M.S. Education: Social Studies, Wilkes University
- Ph.D.: Human Development and Instruction, Marywood University
Dr. Perrotti has 15 years of teaching experience in public schools, including as chair of the social studies department.
Research, Publications and Presentations
- “Predicting Achievement on State Tests Based on School Health and Teacher Self-‐Evaluation.” (Dissertation, 2011)
- “Download This!: Making Social Studies Instruction Relevant In the Age of Social Networking and Online Instruction.” Pennsylvania Council for the Social Studies State Conference, October 2012.
- “The Classroom Detective: Using Investigation and Debate to Enhance Literacy in Social Studies Classrooms.” Pennsylvania Council for the Social Studies State Conference, October 2013
- “The Classroom Detective: Using Primary Sources in the Era of Common Core Accountability.” Pennsylvania Council for the Social Studies State Conference. October 2013
- Improving teacher retention
- Building teacher-community partnerships
- Content-based literacy
Co-Investigator/Researcher: PASSHE Innovation in Teaching Grant: 2014 "Creating a Teacher Education Model of Common Core State Standard Profession Development"
- Member-General Education Committee
- Member-Faculty Professional Development (FPDC) Grants and Contracts Subcommittee
- Secondary Education and Administrative Leadership Department Webmaster
- Department of Secondary Education and Administrative Leadership
- Secondary Education Certification
- M.A. Advanced Studies in Secondary Education
- M.A. Advanced Studies in Secondary Education (Certification)
“My classes are fully interactive experiences. I like to combine my experiences in teaching with current trends in research so students get a well rounded view of the teaching profession. The best part of my job is getting the chance to see my students seek out their dream of being a teacher, just like I did many years ago."