- B.A.: Double major in History and Political Science, Yale University
- M.A.: Political Science, McGill University
- Ed.D.: Sport Management Specialization, North Central University
Vanessa MacKinnon is originally from Prince Edward Island, Canada, but now calls southwest Florida home. She teaches at Cal U throughout the week, and returns to Florida as much as possible on weekends. Prior to coming to Cal, she spent 12 years working in the golf industry, including seven years as a teaching professional specializing in golf fitness and teaching female golfers. She also competed on the professional golf long drive circuit for five years. In addition to her golf background, Dr. MacKinnon also has several years of experience working as a research and intelligence analyst on foreign policy and law enforcement issues in Washington, D.C.
- Various courses in Professional Golf Management
- Member of the PGA of America
- Member of the LPGA Teaching and Club Professional Division
- Certified fitness instructor, American Council of Exercise and Titleist Performance Institute
- Golf fitness
- History of gender discrimination in golf
- Improving access to golf for females
- Best approaches to teaching golf to women
- Department of Exercise Science and Sport Studies
- B.S. Sport Management
"I have had aspirations of becoming a full-time academic for years, because I love researching, writing and teaching, but I was always afraid that doing so would mean giving up on my passion for teaching golf and fitness. Becoming a faculty member in the golf management program at Cal has given me the opportunity to combine all of these passions into the same career. It is truly a pleasure to share my knowledge and experience with students who are eager and enthusiastic to learn."