- BA, French, Kent State University
- MA, French Translation, Kent State University
- MA, Art History, University of Pittsburgh
- PhD, Art History with a certification in Cultural Studies, University of Pittsburgh
Cindy Persinger's research focuses on the development of the discipline of art history in the United States and its relationship to the political events of the 20th century. In addition to historiography, he areas of interest include European modernism, American art, and the history of photography. In her teaching, she emphasizes the various perspectives from which we understand art objects. She enjoys introducing the students in her large appreciation and survey courses to visual arts and architecture from around the globe. Prior to her arrival at California University of Pennsylvania In Fall 2010, she taught art history courses at West Virginia University, the University of Pittsburgh, and Duquesne University.
- Department of Communications, Design and Culture
- University Honors Program