David Smith, J.D.
- A.S., B.S.: Criminal Justice, York College of Pennsylvania
- M.S.: Legal Studies/Public Policy, California University of Pennsylvania
- M.A.: Criminal Justice, American Public University System
- J.D.: Dickinson School of Law, Penn State
Attorney Smith maintains a private practice of law in Adams County, Pa. He is a member of the Adams County and Pennsylvania Bar Associations. In addition to over 20 years' experience in private practice, Attorney Smith is a former law intern, Disciplinary Board, Supreme Court of Pennsylvania; a former municipal police officer; and a former member of the U.S. Army Criminal Investigation Division/Joint Drug Suppression Task Force.
Attorney Smith has taught numerous courses for Cal U since January 2007. He has also assisted the development of several current course offerings.
- Law 340: Family Law
- Law 380: Estates and Trusts
- Law 390: Bankruptcy
- Law 410: Law and Ethics
- Law 440: Immigration Law
- Law 600: Law and Public Policy
- Law 602: Law, Civil Liberties and the Constitution
- Law 603: Law and Legal Method
- Law 608: Law and Civil Litigation
- Law 610: Law, Justice and the Family
- Law 701: Law and Administrative Agencies
- Law 703: Law and Environment
Current "hot topics" in legal studies, homeland security and criminal justice
Maritime Shipping Container Security Post 9/11, Homeland Security Review, Vol. 2, No.1, Winter 2008, pp. 81-93
In addition to service as counsel for religious/fraternal organizations, Attorney Smith serves as a Judge Advocate, Department of Pennsylvania, for a nationally chartered veterans organization.
- Department of Professional Studies
- M.S. Legal Studies
- B.A. Jurisprudence with Concentration in Legal Studies
- B.A. Jurisprudence with Concentration in Legal Studies (Online)
"The best part of the job is challenging students to ‘think outside the box' when analyzing and interpreting issues that may confront present or future laborers in the fields of legal studies, homeland security and criminal justice."