Dr. Gary J. DeLorenzo
- B.S.: Business Management, concentration in Systems Analysis, Indiana University of Pennsylvania
- M.B.A.: Concentration in IT and Marketing, Duquesne University
- Doctor of Science: Information Systems and Communications, Robert Morris University
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
Dr. DeLorenzo has been teaching at the university level since 1991 and at Cal U since 2005. He also has more than 30 years' experience in manufacturing and banking in information technology positions such as manager, senior systems analyst, technical consultant, programmer and auditor. He lives in Monroeville with his wife, Patrice, and has two children, Lisa and Jon Michael.
Service Learning Projects
Sen. John Heinz History Center - Lead responsibilities for the collaborative efforts to build a "volunteer applications development" function with the students and faculty with the Department of Math, Computer Science and Information Systems. The effort includes students and faculty working in unison via the classroom to solve business problems through the use of information technology solutions for the Library and Technology area. 2005-present.
Slovak as a Foreign Language Project - Team member and facilitator with the Admissions and Academic Affairs functions to provide continuing education modules in the USA for individuals interested in learning the Slovak language. Project include collaboration with Ministry of Education, Sports and Research with the Republic of Slovakia and Commenius University in Bratislava, Slovakia.
- Department of Math, Computer Science and Information Systems
- B.S. Computer Information Systems
- B.S. Computer Information Systems Online
- M.S. Cybersecurity
"The best part of my job is the opportunity to share experiences in the classroom with students so they can be positioned with the knowledge and skills to find career opportunities in the computer information systems discipline."