Dr. Gary J. DeLorenzo
- B.S.: Business Management, concentration in Systems Analysis, Indiana University of Pennsylvania
- M.B.A.: Concentration in IT and Marketing, Duquesne University
- Doctor of Science: Information Systems and Communications, Robert Morris University
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
Dr. DeLorenzo has 15 years' experience teaching at the university level. He also has more than 30 years' experience in manufacturing and banking in information technology positions such as manager, senior systems analyst, technical consultant, programmer and auditor. He lives in Monroeville with his wife, Patrice, and two children, Lisa and Jon Michael.
- Personal Productivity Software
- Introduction to Information Systems
- Sophomore Projects
- Systems Project Management
- Senior Project I and II
- Introduction to Leadership
Affiliated Cal U Departments
- Leadership Advisory Board - Director of the Leadership Studies Minor that includes university-wide representation to integrate leadership in the curriculum throughout the University. Teaches Introduction to Leadership course while also acting as mentor for student interns. Fall 2007-present
- General Education Committee - Chair of Program Review Subcommittee for five-year program review. Chair 2007-present. University-wide committee representative for the Math and Computer Science Department. Fall 2005, Fall 2007 - Spring 2010
- Recruitment and Marketing Committee - Facilitator for the department's marketing initiatives to attract students through efforts such as creating marketing plans and brochures, providing on-campus open house sessions and visiting local high schools and community colleges. 2006-ongoing.
Service Learning Projects
Sen. John Heinz History Center - Lead responsibilities for the collaborative efforts to build a "volunteer applications development" function with the students and faculty with the Department of Math, Computer Science and Information Systems. The effort includes students and faculty working in unison via the classroom to solve business problems through the use of information technology solutions for the Library and Technology area. 2005-present.
- Department of Math, Computer Science and Information Systems
- B.S. Computer Information Systems
"The best part of my job is the opportunity to share experiences in the classroom with students so they can be positioned with the knowledge and skills to find career opportunities in the computer information systems discipline."