Dr. Rick Cumings
- B.A.: University of Illinois/Chicago
- Diploma, B.A.: Moody Bible Institute, Chicago
- M.A.: Marquette University
- Ph.D.: Penn State University
Dr. Cumings taught at the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh, Penn State-University Park, Liberty University and Benedictine College before joining the faculty at Cal U. He has recently freelanced for ESPN and NBC Sports, broadcasting professional golf tournaments. He was a reporter for newspapers in Illinois, Wisconsin and Minnesota and a writer for magazines in Virginia and Pennsylvania.
He was born in St. Paul, Minn., and currently lives in Washington, Pa., with his wife, Sandy.
- Audio I
- Oral Communication
- Sports Communication and Media Relations
- Audio II
- Department of Communication Studies
- B.A. Communication Studies
"Students need to play a vital part in the learning process. It no longer can be teachers talk, students routinely write notes. Working as more of a mentor allows more interaction between student and faculty. Maya Angelou said, ‘People won't remember what you said; people won't remember what you did; they will remember how you made them feel.' I try to take that into consideration every time I encounter a class or individual student."