Dr. William B. Biddington
- B.S.: Physical Education, West Virginia University; minor in Athletic Training
- M.S.: Physical Education, West Virginia University
- Ed.D.: Professional Physical Education, West Virginia University; minor in Higher Education Administration
Dr. William Biddington has been employed at California University of Pennsylvania since 1976 and was responsible for developing the accredited undergraduate athletic training education program in 1982 and the accredited post-professional graduate athletic training education program in 1992.
Dr. Biddington has been very active in the profession of athletic training. He has served as a member of the board of directors for the Pennsylvania Athletic Trainers' Society (PATS) and has served on various committees within the PATS. He has served on the Athletic Trainers' Advisory Board to the State Board of Physical Therapy and on the Graduate Education Committee with the National Athletic Trainers' Association (NATA).
He has been a site visitor for the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE) in reviewing athletic training education programs for more than 10 years. He has been a member of the Annual Review Committee for CAATE-accredited programs for two years. He also has been a reviewer for the Journal of Athletic Training. Dr. Biddington has served as a commissioner for CAATE from 2008 to 2011.
Dr. Biddington is an active faculty member on campus, currently serving as chair of the University Curriculum Committee and as a member of the Academic Affairs Council. He also serves as the faculty athletics representative (FAR) for the University, representing it on several NCAA issues. He was a member of the College of Education and Human Services Council, School of Graduate Studies and Research Council, and has previously served as co-chair of the Institutional Self-Evaluation Committee for Educational Programs and Curriculum Development. He has also served as the chair for the Department of Health Science and Sport Studies for over 20 years.
In 2006, Dr. Biddington was inducted into the Pennsylvania Athletic Trainers' Society Hall of Fame.
- Pennsylvania Athletic Trainers' Society
- Eastern Athletic Trainers' Association
- National Athletic Trainers' Association
- Association of Pennsylvania State College and University Faculty
- Kappa Omnicron Nu (Athletic Training) Honor Society
- Certified Athletic Trainer, Board of Certification
- Licensed Athletic Trainer, State Board of Medicine, Bureau of Professional and Occupational Affairs
- "Isokinetic Profile of Shoulder Internal and External Rotators of High School Aged Baseball Pitchers," Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, Vol. 18. 2004
- Department of Exercise Science and Sport Studies
- M.S. Exercise Science and Health Promotion
- B.S. Sport Management-Online Wellness and Fitness
- P.M. Letter of Completion Exercise Science (all tracks)