Communication Disorders: Admissions
To enroll in the communication disorders program at California University of Pennsylvania, you must have a minimum undergraduate 3.0 GPA.
Applicants without a degree in communication disorders will need to complete a minimum of 36 undergraduate credits in communication disorders prior to being considered for graduate admission; 21 of these prerequisite credits must cover the following areas of instruction:
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Introduction to Audiology
- Introduction to Communication Disorders
- Speech and Language Development
- Speech Science
Applications will be accepted & considered through February 15th.
To apply, submit the following to:
- Graduate School Application
- $25 nonrefundable application fee
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended, even if a degree was not earned from a particular institution (except Cal U transcripts)
- Three letters of recommendation (waived for Cal U CMD undergraduate students) --no specific format defined, someone who can attest to your ability in the field
- GRE scores
- 3-5 page personal essay about yourself and your decision to purse a master's degree in Communication Disorders
Complete applications for this program need to be submitted no later than February 15th.
This program only begins once a year in the fall semester.