Master of Education: Candidacy
Candidates must apply for candidacy upon completing 6 graduate credits. Applications are available in the School of Graduate Studies and Research.
Candidates who are Pennsylvania certified in another specialty are not required to take ESP 720; instead, they complete ESP 719. Candidates seeking certification (new or additional) must take and pass all appropriate Praxis tests.
Candidates may be required to take undergraduate courses when graduate courses are unavailable. These courses will not count toward a master's degree.
Candidates for Pennsylvania teaching certification must have evidence of undergraduate or graduate study in the following areas:
- 6 credits of college level mathematics
- 3 credits of general biology
- 3 credits of physical science (biology or chemistry)
- 3 credits of U.S. history
- 3 credits of economics
- 3 credits of environmental/earth or space science
- 6 credits of English
- 3 credits of instructional technology
- 3 credits of educational psychology
Process for graduate endorsement
- Complete the endorsement form (available online) with name and date of program completion
- Obtain the application for certification online at http://www.teaching.state.pa.us/
- Complete and return to the dean's office
Please note: The candidate must initiate this process!