State Certificate in School Psychology: School Psychology Clinic
The School Psychology Clinic is a training facility for graduate students in the school psychology program. Through a variety of practicum and internship experiences in the clinic, students develop their professional skills. The clinic offers a variety of psycho-educational services to the University community and the public.
Specific Testing Services
- Intelligence testing
- Gifted eligibility
- Learning disabilities
- Early kindergarten admission
- Educational and vocational planning
- Behavioral problems
- Personality evaluation
- Graduate interns in the school psychology program or graduate students who are completing a practicum in the school psychology program
Supervision is by licensed psychologists, state-certified school psychologists and the professional staff of the Psychology Department at California University of Pennsylvania.
Persons of any age, sex or race may be referred for a variety of concerns.
- Call the clinic and give a staff member the pertinent information.
- For minors, signed permission from a parent or a guardian is necessary before evaluation begins.
- All adult clients may sign for themselves.
- Initial: intake interview to assess what tests or other services are needed; proceed with evaluation
- Second: share results, discuss recommendations
- Other appointments may be necessary
Release of Information
Reports will be released only with permission of a parent or guardian; the reports will be given only to professionals involved directly with the child.
A fee of $100 is charged for a psychological battery. Assessment for gifted eligibility is $200. Remittance is required the day of the assessment and in cash or check only. Checks should be made payable to: "Cal U School Psychology Clinic." There is no fee for CalU students, staff and faculty, there is a 45$ fee for CalU staff/faculty children.
9 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday-Friday
Others by appointment
Clinic Phone Number
724-938-4403 or 724-938-4100
Elizabeth Mason, Ph.D., N.C.S.P., Licensed and Certified School Psychologist
An evaluation session usually requires from one to four 4 hours. A waiting room is available, but parents may leave the clinic during the evaluation session. More than one session may be required for a complete evaluation.