Site Search

School Counseling Certification Only

Classes begin Fall, Spring and Summer

For those students who hold a master's degree in school counseling or another discipline, you may be eligible for our school counseling -certification only program. This non-degree program provides the opportunity for students to complete the coursework requirements for Certification as an Elementary and/or Secondary School Counselor. The department will evaluate your transcripts to determine which courses are required.

For students interested in a master’s degree in School Counseling (Elementary and/or Secondary School Counselor certification programs), please visit the School Counseling master’s degree program page for further information.

We are authorized by the Pennsylvania Department of Education to offer certification programs in elementary and secondary school guidance. The courses you will take have been approved by both the National Board for Certified Counselors and by the Pennsylvania Department of Education for certification and continuing education credits (Act 48).

Prospective students are advised to read the CED Student Handbook, which describes the philosophy, admissions and departmental procedures in detail.

Please Note: All students who will be seeking certification outside of Pennsylvania are responsible for securing and following the certification requirements in the state in which they intend to apply for certification.

For further information, contact Georgette Edwards, program secretary, at 724-938-4123 -Email to].

More Info

Click to Request Information About Cal U's Graduate ProgramsClick Here to Apply Now for one of Cal U's Graduate ProgramsContact the Graduate SchoolView Financial Aid InformationRecommend a Vulcan Logo