The key to success in the BA in Jurisprudence: Legal Studies Concentration will inevitably depend on not only your intellectual skill but your organizational ability. The study of law and its diverse applications requires many talents - none more compelling than those related to deductive reasoning and the synthesis of information. Cal U offers up the most challenging of programs and expects its students to reach high.
At end, the successful graduate will be able to:
- Understand those professions related to legal studies
- Become familiar with relevant professional associations
- Analyze career tracks and opportunities
- Interpret and analyze legal materials such as case law and statutory materials
- Explain the public policy impact of judicial ruling and legislative policy
- Frame legal issues for specific legal dilemmas
- Weigh and evaluate legal arguments, legal remedies in a particular dilemma
- Conduct legal research on diverse topical coverage in law
- Argue and advocate legal arguments
- Draft and author a legal scholarship in form of paper, brief, memoranda and thesis
- Creatively construct legal remedies to situations of first instance
- Correlate the interplay between ethical and moral principles and the rule of law
- Interpret, adjudge and apply the United States Constitution and its relevant Amendments
- Define and categorize legal and human rights in varied settings
- Incorporate legal method and reasoning into complex legal issues
- Compare and contrast legal systems in national and global contexts
- Assess legal questions and issues in particular settings whether it be the environment, correctional facilities, police stations, government and administrative agencies, business or other location.
- Evaluate and critique the law of crimes and the concept of criminal responsibility
- Distinguish and differentiate civil, equitable and criminal subsystems.
- Categorize legal actions, litigation tactics and strategies and identify specific legal practice applicable in fact situations.
- Appraise the interrelationship and effects between culture, social order and the rule of law.
- Describe community's power to arrest, incarcerate and punish in the correctional setting.
- Discover career tracks and opportunities related to law and it practice.
- Identify and predict how law and legislation influences the community.
- Problem solve in legal settings.
Awards and Rankings
Interested in what others are saying about Cal U Global Online? Check out the awards and rankings our online programs have recently received.
Know someone who can excel at Cal U?
"Working full-time shouldn't put a halt on your education. Cal U has made it possible for me to continue my career and my education."
Raeann N. Basinger, General Manager, M1 Auto
"My course work with Cal U has propelled me beyond expectation in more ways than I could have ever imagined."
Joyce Salizzoni, Banking Advisor, PNC Bank