Superintendent Letter of Eligibility (SLE) Program: Admissions
The superintendent letter of eligibility program is open to all students with a master's or doctorate degree. Although not required for admission to the program, certification by the state of Pennsylvania requires a minimum of six years of professional certified service in the basic schools, three years of which shall have been in administration or supervision. The three years of administrative or supervision experience must be completed before certification endorsement is granted.
You must have also earned a minimum overall 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) in all graduate work taken prior to application. The program coordinator and faculty will determine final recommendation for admission to the superintendent letter of eligibility program.
Out-of-state students are welcome but should first contact their state department of education for further information regarding certification requirements and reciprocity agreements.
If you are interested in applying to this program, please fax, email scanned documents or mail all documents to:
Note: Transcripts must be officially sealed and sent through the mail.
University of Pennsylvania
School of Graduate Studies and Research
250 University Avenue, Box 91
California, PA 15419
- Official transcripts from every institution attended
- Online Application
- $25 nonrefundable application fee
- A completed Applicant Data Sheet (.doc)
- Copy of the Pennsylvania State Instructional II Certification (or its equivalent) and any other professional certificates. (Pennsylvania state certification as a principal is recommended but not required.)
- Letter of endorsement from the chief school administrator in the school district of current employment
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Statement of career goals and degree objectives