Superintendent Letter of Eligibility (SLE) Program
The online superintendent letter of eligibility (SLE) program provides an opportunity for a graduate student to obtain certification in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania as a superintendent, assistant superintendent, supervisor of curriculum and instruction, supervisor of pupil personnel services, and elementary, middle, or secondary principal.
Although not required for admission to the program, certification by the state of Pennsylvania requires a minimum of six years of professional certified service in the basic schools, three years of which shall have been in administration or supervision. The three years of administrative or supervision experience must be completed before certification endorsement will be granted by Cal U.
- Our program focuses on the active role of the learner, includes self-directed learning and provides useful, job-related information.
- Inductive learning processes are infused throughout the program. Reflective-thinking activities are utilized.
- Reality-oriented learning materials are used in all learning experiences. These materials stress techniques for creative problem solving.
- Opportunities are provided for students to establish teaming within the program.
- Through collaborative arrangement, students have access to many other schools where effective practices are occurring.
- Partnership between practitioners, University and business leaders assumes the major role in delivering instruction.
All students note: This is a state-approved program that meets the requirements for completers to apply for certification. Completion of an approved certification program is a requirement for certification in Pennsylvania. In the certification process, the University informs the state that a student has completed the University's state-approved program. The state then reviews the student's credentials and determines eligibility for certification. We encourage all students to contact the Pennsylvania Department of Education before beginning Cal U's program for further information about certification requirements in Pennsylvania.
All students who will be seeking certification outside of Pennsylvania are responsible for securing and following the certification requirements in the state in which they intend to apply for certification . Out of state students seeking Pennsylvania certification are required to notify us of that intent in order to meet the PA certification expectations. Additional information related to Pennsylvania certification can be located at the Pennsylvania Department of Education website.
Individuals must apply for endorsement for certification through the program coordinator to initiate the process.
Learn more about the online SLE curriculum.
If you have additional questions about the program, please email us directly at email@example.com
For Additional Information
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education
California University of Pennsylvania is accredited by the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools. California University of Pennsylvania has been accredited for more than 40 years and was founded in 1852.