Cal U Email and VIP Access Information
The Vulcan Information Portal (VIP) provides secure, online access to important information at Cal U. Use VIP to register for classes, see your bill, check on financial aid and access your campus e-mail account.
As a new student, you must first retrieve your username and password. Go to the Cal U homepage, www.calu.edu, click on Quick Links on the bottom left and select “Get Campus Username and Password.” You will be prompted for your student ID (nine character ID number listed in your acceptance letter beginning with a “C”), first and last name, and birth date.
Passwords expire every 180 days for students. They must contain three out of the four complexity requirements. These are:
- Upper case letter
- Lower case letter
- Passwords cannot contain students' names.
Once this information is retrieved, please continue to step #2
To change your password go to the Cal U homepage, www.calu.edu, click on Quicklinks on the bottom left, and select check email. Click the link below the log on fields for changing the password fill in the requested information. You will use your full email address (email@example.com) when accessing email.
This will be your new password and used for logging into the VIP Portal (step #3).
Logging into the Vulcan Information Portal (VIP):
- Click the VIP link on the Cal U homepage, www.calu.edu. Look for Vulcan Information Portal on theleft side of the homepage.
- Log in to VIP with your username and the new password you chose in Step 2. (For students, yourusername consists of 7 characters — 3 letters and 4 numbers. For example, student John Smith’susername might be smi1234. Do NOT enter the “@calu.edu” part of your e-mail address whenlogging into VIP.)
Registering your account with the Cal U footprints system:
- Go to https://passwordreset.calu.edu
- Follow prompts to register your account
- Registering will allow you to reset your password online if you have forgotten or lost it.
If you can’t remember your username or password, are unable to reset this online or have completed the above mentioned steps and are still unable to log into the VIP Portal:
Call the Help Desk at 724-938-5911.