English as a Second Language: Admissions
- Bachelor's, master's, or doctorate degree
- Minimum undergraduate 2.80 GPA, or 3.00 GPA in the last 48 college credits, verified with official transcripts.
- An official transcript reflecting a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution. Official transcripts from institutions where a degree was not conferred will only be required in cases where the student wishes to have a transfer of credit evaluation completed.
- Teaching certification - Submit a copy of all current professional certificates held.
- A current resume or curriculum vitae.
- A completed Graduate School application plus $25 nonrefundable application fee.
- ESL Attestment Letter - this item applies ONLY to Intermediate Unit 1 (IU1) Students. This letter will provide validation for IU1 student application fee waivers as well.
School of Graduate Studies and Research, Box 91
California University of Pennsylvania
250 University Ave.
California, PA 15419
- Previous teaching experience is not required, but teaching certification is required for admission.
- Applicants who do not have experience teaching ESL will be required to complete EDE 768 Teacher Education Internship. The resume must be comprehensive and complete. The Program Coordinator reviews the resume to identify ESL teaching experience and to determine whether EDE 768 will be required.
- Students who completed EDE 768 in Pennsylvania will be required to submit appropriate clearances for Acts 24, 34, 114, and 151 if it is a PA Internship. Students completing EDE 768 in other states must meet the state's requirements. Also, individual schools may require additional documentation.