Cal U and Intermediate Unit 1 Admission
Cal U of PA School of Graduate Studies and Research and the Intermediate Unit 1 (IU1) have established an articulation agreement for IU1 ESL program completers to articulate 18 credits toward the online ESL MEd-only program at Cal U. The purpose of the agreement is to enhance the transferability of credit from IU1 to Cal U and is intended to provide students with the opportunity to continue their education at the master’s level, while recognizing the achievements of those students in the certification program.
- Must complete the Graduate School application
- Present Cal U with official undergraduate degree transcripts indicating a grade point average of at least 2.80 on a 4.00 scale (or 3.00 in the last 48 credits)
- Submit their Letter of Attestment from the IU1, which includes the successful completion of the IU1 ESL program as outlined in the articulation agreement
Teaching certification - Submit a copy of all current professional certificates held
A current resume or curriculum vitae
$25 Application Fee will be waived for IU1 students applying through this agreement. Fee waiver is applied after receipt of Letter of Attestment.
Application of Articulated Credits:
- Once the above requirements are satisfactorily completed, Cal U will designate 18 credit hours of study toward the program graduation requirements
IUl credits being applied to the Cal U ESL MEd-only (without certification) degree will be evaluated by the Cal U School of Graduate Studies and Research in consultation with the Cal U ESL Program Coordinator
Credits only, not grades, will be recorded on the Cal U transcript for the lU1 courses; these courses will not be used to calculate the student's university grade point average
IU1 students remain subject to all other state certification and Cal U admission and graduation requirements as specified in the lU1 program and the online Cal U Graduate Catalog
- The awarding of credits included in this agreement may only be applied at Cal U to the ESL MEd-only (without certification) degree program
- The credits awarded in this agreement may not be accepted by or applicable to other degree programs at Cal U, in whole or in part, without approval of the coordinator of the other graduate degree program and the dean of the School of Graduate Studies & Research
- lUI students who are interested in other degree programs should consult with the graduate coordinators of those programs to determine the acceptance and applicability, if any, of the credits earned under this agreement
- Cal U does not guarantee that the credits earned under this agreement will be transferable or applicable to another college or university.
Please send Admission Documentation to:
School of Graduate Studies & Research
ATTN: lU1 ESL Agreement
California University of Pennsylvania
250 University Avenue
California, PA 15419