Site Search

English as a Second Language – Certification Outside Pennsylvania

The English as a Second Language Master of Education plus Certification and Certification-Only programs prepare individuals to meet the Pennsylvania Department of Education ESL program specialist certification guidelines. Upon successful completion, candidates will be prepared to apply to the Pennsylvania Department of Education for the ESL program specialist certification. Completion of an approved certification program is a requirement for certification in Pennsylvania. In the certification process, the university informs the state that a student has completed the university's state-approved program. The state then reviews the student's credentials and determines eligibility for certification.

Students from jurisdictions other than Pennsylvania

All students who will be seeking licensure/certification outside of Pennsylvania should consult the State Authorization web page for more information. California University of Pennsylvania does not grant certification. The Cal U program is designed to meet Pennsylvania Department of Education ESL program specialist certification guidelines. 

Helpful Links

Request Information

Apply NowCosts CalculatorRefer A Vulcan

Connect with Us

Visit Us on FacebookFollow us on TwitterConnect on LinkedIn