Master of Education: National Board Certification Preparation for Elementary Teachers
Are you a teacher seeking national board teacher certification—the highest symbol of professional teaching excellence? Not only does this certification carry with it prestige but it can also earn you bonuses and a salary increase as well as put you on the fast track for career advancement.
Cal U offers a rigorous national board teacher certification online program that provides the substance for meaningful learning experiences. Our program requires that you demonstrate what you know and can do while developing knowledge and skills that emphasize content, pedagogy, inquiry, reflection, leadership and collegiality.
Our curriculum is aligned with the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards’ 5 Core Propositions and the certification standards that will prepare you for national board teacher certification.
The 5 Core Propositions are:
- Teachers are committed to students and learning
- Teachers know the subjects they teach and how to teach those subjects to students
- Teachers are responsible for managing and monitoring student learning
- Teachers think systematically about their practice and learn from experience
- Teachers are members of learning communities
Learn more about the curriculum.