MSN in Nursing Administration and Leadership program: Admissions
The Nursing Administration & Leadership Program is open to registered nurses (RN’s) who have graduated with a BSN from an NLNAC or CCNE accredited program.
Applications are now being accepted for the Spring (January start).
To be considered for admission into the program, you must have completed and/or met the following general requirements:
- Online Graduate School Application and Application Fee
- An official original transcript from every institution attended with a minimum undergraduate 3.0 QPA on all previous coursework or the last 60 credits completed. For international students, scholastic record comparable to that reflected by a 3.0 GPA.
- Prerequisite Undergraduate courses:
- 3 credits Nursing Leadership
- 3 credits Nursing Research
- 3 credits Statistics
- Valid RN licensure in the state in which the applicant is employed in nursing. International students need to be licensed in their country of origin.
- A resume or curriculum vitae along with copies of any nursing certification documents.
- A personal statement describing interest in advanced nursing education and career goals related to the Nursing Administration and Leadership program.
- Two letters of reference Download Form (PDF) and complete the top section first
- One from a supervisor who can speak to the applicant's clinical, administrative, and/or leadership ability, and,
- A second professional reference—NOTE: if the applicant completed BSN degree within the last five years, second professional reference must be from someone who can speak to applicant’s academic ability.
- A telephone interview with the Program Coordinator.
If you are interested in applying to this program, please fax, email scanned documents or mail all documents to the following. Note: Transcripts must be officially sealed and sent through the mail.
California University of Pennsylvania
School of Graduate Studies and Research
250 University Avenue, Box 91California, PA 15419
Fax: 724-938-5712 Immediately fax your undergraduate transcript(s) as unofficial transcripts may be submitted for initial consideration
Additional Program Requirements:
- California University welcomes students from countries throughout the world. If you are an international student who will stay in your country of origin while earning your degree through Global Online, click on this link and follow these steps for admission consideration
- Evidence of proficiency in oral and written English is requested if the applicant's native language is not English, the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is suggested.