MSN in Nursing Administration and Leadership program: Admissions
The Nursing Administration & Leadership Program is open to registered nurses (RN’s) who have graduated with a BSN from an NLNAC or CCNE accredited program.
Applications are now being accepted for the Spring (January start).
To be considered for admission into the program, you must have completed and/or met the following general requirements:
- Online Graduate School Application and $25 nonrefundable Application Fee
- An official transcript reflecting a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution. Official transcripts from institutions where a degree was not conferred will only be required in cases where the student wishes to have a transfer of credit evaluation completed.
- Minimum 3.00 GPA in the undergraduate nursing degree, or in the last 60 credits completed, verified with official transcripts. For international students, scholastic record comparable to that reflected by a 3.00 GPA verified with official transcripts
- Prerequisite Undergraduate courses:
- 3 credits Nursing Research
- 3 credits Statistics
- Valid RN licensure in the state in which the applicant is employed in nursing. International students need to be licensed in their country of residence.
- Current Resume indicating at least 2-years of experience working in nursing or, preferably, nursing management.
- An Essay to include career goals and objectives as well as a description of how the student plans to utilize the MSN degree.
All applications will be reviewed by the Global Online Program Coordinator and decisions will be made accordingly.
If you are interested in applying to this program, please fax, email scanned documents or mail all documents to the following. Note: Transcripts must be officially sealed and sent through the mail.
California University of Pennsylvania
School of Graduate Studies and Research, Box 91
250 University Avenue
California, PA 15419
Fax: 724-938-5712 Immediately fax your undergraduate transcript(s) as unofficial transcripts may be submitted for initial consideration
Additional Program Requirements:
- For programs attended outside of the United States, with the exception of Canada, applicants must submit a credential evaluation from the Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools (CGFNS) for nursing course work and World Education Services (WES) for non-nursing course work.
- For international students, completion of a nursing bachelor's degree, if available, in the country of origin.
- International students need to be licensed in the country in which they are employed in nursing.
- Prospective international master's students staying in their countries of origin and taking an online program should also review International Applicants information for admission consideration in the Graduate Catalog.
- Evidence of proficiency in oral and written English is requested if the applicant's native language is not English, the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is suggested.
- California University welcomes students from countries throughout the world. If you are an international student who will stay in your country of origin while earning your degree through Global Online, click on this link and follow these steps for admission consideration