Nursing Scholarship Opportunities
Below, please find resources to Local and National Scholarship Opportunities within the Nursing Profession.
For additional information on Financial Aid and other funding resources, please visit Financial Aid . Or, feel free to contact your Global Online Financial Aid Representative, Jennifer Verscharen, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 724-938-4415 for more information.
To return to the Cal U Nursing Department homepage, please click here.
Dr. Mary A. O’Connor Master of Science in Nursing Administration and Leadership Scholarship
- One $500 scholarship is awarded in the Fall term through 2016 (and beyond if funding permits) to the newest cohort of students enrolled in the MSN program. The MSN Scholarship is awarded to an MSN student selected by the MSN faculty. The student must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 GPA and completed four courses in the MSN program – two courses in the spring term and two courses in the summer term. Students with incomplete grade(s) are ineligible.
APSCUF – Cal U
- Cal U Graduate and Undergraduate scholarships awarded by APSCUF, The Association of Pennsylvania State College and University Faculty. Two $500 scholarships annually. Deadline April annually. Contact Cal U APSCUF Office at email@example.com or 724-938-4293 for applications.
APSCUF – State
- State APSCUF Scholarship will award one $3,000 scholarship in August annually. Deadline first week of March annually. Contact Cal U APSCUF Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 724-938-4293 for applications.
The Pittsburgh Foundation Scholarships for Nursing (several detailed below list):
- Abigail Noble Scholarship Fund
- Chaffee Undergraduate Nursing Award Fund
- Edward and Dorothy Livingston Fund
- Harriet and Wilson Rush Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Karen Dickson Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Katherine Marie Ferrick/Elizabeth McCabe Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Mary Agnes Powers Scholarship Fund
- Monica Horak Schuckers Memorial Nursing Scholarship Fund
- Pocket Nurse Scholarship Fund
- Sheena M. Taylor Memorial Scholarship Fund
- St. Francis School of Nursing Alumni of Pittsburgh, PA Scholarship Fund
- William Henry Fitch Memorial Trust
Mary Agnes Powers Scholarship
- Funding for final year of nursing program for undergraduate students. Residents of Allegheny, Washington, and Westmoreland Counties. Application deadline end of March annually. http://www.pittsburghfoundation.org/node/1662 For more information, contact: Deborah Turner - email@example.com
St. Francis School of Nursing Alumni of Pittsburgh, PA Scholarship Fund
- Graduate and undergraduate students in a professional nursing program. Deadline end of December annually. http://www.pittsburghfoundation.org/node/1713 For more information, contact The Pittsburgh Foundation: Deborah Turner - firstname.lastname@example.org
Edward and Dorothy Livingston Fund
- For qualified men and women attending accredited Diploma, Associates, or BSN school of nursing. Resident of Pittsburgh, Allegheny County. Preference to minority and female students. Priority to junior/senior students in a four-year institution and final year students in a two year program. http://www.pittsburghfoundation.org/node/1583 Submit application by July 31st to Kathy Mayle, contact information email@example.com
William Henry Fitch Memorial Trust
- For qualified men and women attending accredited Diploma, Associates, or BSN school of nursing. Resident of Pittsburgh, Allegheny County. Preference to minority and female students. Priority to junior/senior students in a four-year institution and final year students in a two year program. http://www.pittsburghfoundation.org/node/1739 Submit application by July 31st to Kathy Mayle, contact information firstname.lastname@example.org
Pocket Nurse Scholarship Fund
- Three scholarships will be awarded annually, one in each of the following fields: Allied Health, Nursing, and Nursing Faculty. Deadline for applications is April 15th annually. http://www.pittsburghfoundation.org/node/1695 For more information, contact The Pittsburgh Foundation: Deborah Turner - email@example.com
- Scholarship Prerequisites
- To view a list of the 2014 named academic scholarships available by category, click here.
- Please select the application in the category you are applying for below:
Campaign for Nursing – search multiple national scholarships
- The AACN After College scholarship program supports nursing students enrolled in a baccalaureate, master’s or doctoral degree program in nursing with a GPA of 3.25 or higher. Eight $2,500 scholarships awarded throughout the year. Application deadlines January 31, April 30, July 31, October 31.
- The CMGSP offers academic scholarships to nurses in undergraduate nursing programs, graduate nursing programs, and other graduate programs related to holistic nursing. Completed applications must be returned by March 15 of the year for which the scholarship is awarded.
- Applicants must be an ENA member for a minimum of twelve (12) months immediately prior to applying and must have a minimum of a 3.0 GPA for consideration. (Applicants must be attending a NLN, AACN or CCNE accredited school and must provide verification of the schools current accreditation. )
- UNDERGRADUATE (RN to BSN) SCHOLARSHIPS –Three $3,000 scholarships available. Application deadline June 1st; recipient notified August 13th.
- GRADUATE/MASTER LEVEL SCHOLARSHIPS –Multiple $5,000 scholarships available. Application deadline June 1st; recipient notified August 13th.
- Multiple scholarships awards of $250-$500 to qualified nursing students with a documented disability who have applied to, or already admitted to, a college or university nursing education program on a full time basis. Preference is given to undergraduate students. Applications must be received by June 1.
- Annual $5,000 Education Award Winner during Nurses Week. Registration deadline must be completed by All registrations must be completed by April 30th annually.
Talbot Women’s Scholarship
- Up to seventeen $10,000 scholarships and one $30,000 scholarship will be awarded. Applicants seeking a bachelor's degree eligible. Application due January 3rd.