Master of Education Administrative Program for Principals: Admissions
The Administrative Program for Principals is open to students with a bachelor's, master's or doctorate degree and current teaching certification.
Out-of-state students are welcome but should first contact their state department of education for further information regarding certification requirements and reciprocity agreements.
To be considered for admission into the program, you must have completed and/or met the following general requirements:
- Online Graduate School Application and $25 nonrefundable Application Fee
- A completed Applicant Data Sheet (.doc)
- An official transcript reflecting a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution. Official transcripts from institutions where a degree was not conferred will only be required in cases where the student wishes to have a transfer of credit evaluation completed.
- A copy of all current professional certificates held
- A letter of endorsement from applicant's principal or immediate supervisor
- A current resume or curriculum vitae
- A statement of career goals and degree objectives
If you are interested in applying to this program, please fax, email scanned documents or mail all documents to the following. Note: Transcripts must be officially sealed and sent through the mail.
California University of Pennsylvania
School of Graduate Studies and Research
250 University Avenue, Box 91
California, PA 15419
Additional Program Requirements:
You must also provide evidence of an earned GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. Previous teaching experience is not required, but professional certified experience is a must. The program coordinator and faculty will determine final recommendation for admission to the principals program.
Students with less than a 2.99 GPA may also be considered for admission provided that such students, prior to admission, take and achieve the required qualifying scores on the PPST (Praxis I: Pre-Professional Skills Assessments).