Master of Science: Sport Management Studies
Classes begin Winter & Summer II Sessions Annually
Are you a coach looking to earn your master's degree to become an athletic director or to teach? Are you a recent college graduate interested in working in the field of sports management? Our graduate program will help enhance marketability in this competitive marketplace.
Our curriculum has been uniquely structured to cover the basic foundations of the sports industry. Course materials will be presented in modular format, making them more conducive to presentation via the Internet. Information will be provided via video, PowerPoint presentations and online forums. Discussion groups, chat rooms and e-mail will allow the cohort to communicate and interact in order to provide valuable insight to discussions. Our program is based on the program revenue-generating project which allows students to apply textbook theory in a practical setting, and in a setting that is personal and meaningful to each individual student.
- The program is delivered 100% online.
- The program can be completed in as little as 13 consecutive months attending full-time. Part-time options are also available.
- New cohorts begin each year in July and December.
- Cal U was the first school in the nation to offer a M.S. in Sport Management studies online.
Upon successful completion of the program, you’ll be able to:
- Incorporate data generated from research studies when developing managerial strategies to enhance the overall effectiveness of sport organizations.
- Use critical thinking skills to solve controversies and issues related to the sport cultures.
- Integrate current marketing theory when creating a strategic marketing plan for use in a practical setting.
- Assess the effectiveness of strategies used by sport organizations to maintain or improve stakeholder relations.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the issues and principles of law as it applies to the sport industry.
- Create a strategic financial plan for generating additional resources for sport organizations, and for the successful management of resources once procured.
- Formulate strategies to deal with moral and ethical problems related to sport in its intrinsic and extrinsic dimensions.
- Apply management-related skills and behaviors to maximize the efficiency of sport organizations.
As a student in this program, you will also have to choose from one of two concentrations: Intercollegiate Athletic Administration (IAA) or Sport Management.
A Post Bachelor's Certificate is also available for the Intercollegiate Athletic Administration program. Students are eligible to receive a certificate upon finishing the 12 credit curriculum for IAA.
Learn more about the master’s curriculum.
For more information, please contact Global Online:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 1.866.595.6348
Connect with Us
Sport Management Concentrations
All students must follow the curriculum sequence for one of our offered concentrations:
All student's must be enrolled in a full-time or part-time cohort.
Get Adobe Reader
Adobe Reader is required to view and print PDF files. Click on the image below for free download.