Bachelor of Science in Education: Early Childhood Education Services
The Childhood Education Department offers students an early childhood education services program. If you're interested in early childhood educational opportunities but are not seeking Pennsylvania teaching certification, this program is the right fit. This non-certification option prepares you for work with young children, age birth to 8, and their families across a range of early childhood settings such as day care centers, Head Start centers, nursery schools, adoption agencies, tutorial learning organizations, community recreation centers, camps, publishers, school service supply companies and child abuse centers.
Our coursework and experiences will prepare you to meet the following Interstate New Teacher Assessment and Support Consortium (INTASC) principles:
- Knowledge of subject matter
- Knowledge of human development and learning
- Adapting instruction for individual needs
- Multiple instructional strategies
- Classroom motivation and management skills
- Communication skills
- Instructional planning skills
- Assessment of student learning
- Professional commitment and responsibility
This program is also rooted in the standards of the Association of Childhood Education International (ACEI) and the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC).
Learn more about our curriculum.