General Education: Mathematics and Quantitative Literacy (3 credits)
Students will have the “ability to understand numerical data and use mathematical methods for analysis and problem-solving” (BOG). Mathematics is the science of numbers and their operations, interrelations, combinations, generalizations and abstractions, and of space configurations and their structure, measurement, transformations and generalizations.
- To apply a variety of appropriate strategies to solve mathematical problems;
- To construct mathematical arguments and proofs;
- To express ideas precisely using the language of mathematics;
- To construct, analyze and interpret mathematical models of physical, social, or other phenomena; and
- To apply mathematics in contexts outside of mathematics.