General Education: Public Speaking (3 credits)
Students will have the ability to develop and present ideas. Communication skills include both “those required for effective reading, writing, speaking and listening” and an “awareness of the challenges of cross-cultural communication” (BOG).
- To be able to demonstrate the theory and application of public speaking;
- To construct and arrange arguments, evidence, information and appeals in speeches designed to accomplish informative and persuasive communication goals;
- To demonstrate the use of language in speeches designed to accomplish informative and persuasive communication goals;
- To prepare and deliver effective communication with audiences in the presentation of speeches;
- To make critical and ethical evaluation of public speeches; and
- To apply strategies for effective cross-cultural communication.