General Education: Mathematics
Students will have the “ability to understand numerical data and use mathematical methods for analysis and problem-solving” (BOG). Mathematics is the science of numbers and their operations, interrelations, combinations, generalizations and abstractions, and of space configurations and their structure, measurement, transformations and generalizations.
- To apply a variety of appropriate strategies to solve mathematical problems;
- To construct mathematical arguments and proofs;
- To express ideas precisely using the language of mathematics;
- To construct, analyze and interpret mathematical models of physical, social, or other phenomena; and
- To apply mathematics in contexts outside of mathematics.
EAS 438, HON 201, MAT 100, MAT 110, MAT 120, MAT 130, MAT 181, MAT 191, MAT 199, MAT 215, MAT 225, MAT 272, MAT 281, MAT 282, MAT 303, PSY 331