General Education: Natural Sciences
Students will have a basic understanding of the natural sciences, which are concerned with people’s relationship with the physical world. The various branches of natural science seek to understand the processes and components of the natural world and encompass physics (matter and energy and their interrelations and transformations), biology (living organisms and their essential processes), chemistry (the physical properties and composition of nature and its products) and other disciplines.
- To identify major concepts in natural science disciplines, which provide insights into the breadth of those disciplines and their relationship to other disciplines;
- To illustrate the relationship between models, experiments, theories and laws;
- To illustrate the generation and testing of data;
- To apply concepts and knowledge to the solution of problems; and
- To analyze and evaluate the limitations of collected data and design possible alternative interpretations.
ANT 232, BIO 103, BIO 112, BIO 120, BIO 125, BIO 130, BIO 232, CHE 100, CHE 101, CHE 102, CHE 103, CHE 381, CMD 221, CMD 310, EAS 100, EAS 131, EAS 150, EAS 163, EAS 242, ENS 101, HSC 110, HSC 120, ITE 311, PHS 120, PHS 137, PHS 145, PHY 101, PHY 121, PHY 122, PHY 202