Commercial Music Technology: Careers and Internships
Cal U's Bachelor of Science in commercial music technology will give you a complete repertoire of skills, preparing you for careers as recording and broadcast engineers, audio engineers for television and film, digital composers and arrangers, videogame developers, sound mixers, and sales representatives within the music industry.
Cal U prepares you to enter the workforce with knowledge, integrity, character and experience. With the help of the Career and Professional Development Center, we'll connect you to potential employers through networking events, job shadowing opportunities, on-campus recruiting, job and internship fairs, and organizational visits.
There are endless possibilities for internships through Cal U’s commercial music technology program. Our students have worked in the hottest music production cities in the United States, including Nashville, Atlanta, Austin, New York City and Pittsburgh.
Our CMT interns have:
- Helped to build a sound studio, constructing a “floating” studio that is as sound-isolated as possible.
- Mixed sound for live events on indoor and outdoor stages for both small venues and those that seat a few thousand people outdoors.
- Recorded live performances and audio books.
- Worked with nationally recognized performing talent.
- Worked with nationally recognized music producers.