Nursing: Admissions Requirements
I. Academic requirements:
- Minimum 2.00 GPA in Associate'a degree or nursing diploma program, verified with official transcripts. For international students, scholastic record comparable to that reflected by a 2.00 GPA verified with official transcripts.
- Graduation from an ACEN (formerly NLNAC) accredited associate degree or diploma program in nursing.
- Valid RN licensure in the state in which the applicant is employed in nursing. International students need to be licensed in their county of residence.
II. Additional BSN Program Admission Requirements:
For programs attended outside of the United States, with the exception of Canada, applicants must submit a credential evaluation from the Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools (CGFNS) for nursing course work and World Education Services (WES) for non-nursing course work.
For international students, completion of a basic nursing degree, if available, in the country of origin.
International students need to be licensed in the country in which they are employed in nursing.
Prospective international degree students staying in their countries of origin and taking an online program should also review International Applicants information for admission consideration in the Graduate Catalog.
Evidence of proficiency in oral and written English is requested if the applicant's native language is not English, the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is suggested.
California University welcomes students from countries throughout the world. If you are an international student who will stay in your country of origin while earning your degree through Global Online, click on this link and follow these steps for admission consideration; and
The Entry Level Portfolio required documents:
The entire ELP will include:
Documents –all documents will be current:
- Copy of valid RN Licensure in the state/country of living/working location.
- Documentation of current CPR Certification (minimum Basic Cardiac Life Support)
- Evidence of completion of OSHA Review on Bloodborne Pathogens Training at one's place of work. If not available from one's place of work, students may complete the programmed instruction on Bloodborne Pathogens and submit the responses to the quiz.
- Written paper addressing “Entry-Level Objectives” for the RN-BSN Program due no later than the first day of classes of the first semester in the program..
Complete and mail the attached ELP Registration Form with payment of $225.00 in the form of a cashier's check or money order made payable to :
California University of PA
Ms. Mary Adams, Secretary Department of Nursing
1750 Clairton Road, Room G-309-E
West Mifflin, PA 15122
Note: The ELP Fee of $225 covers awarding 15 general education credits.
***A minimum grade of C is required for completion of each Nursing course. Additionally, all of the University’s graduation requirements apply to the RN-BSN Program***
If you are not already a registered nurse please click here to learn how to become one.