California University’s Department of Nursing offers an upper-division program leading to a Bachelor of Science in Nursing. This program is intended for registered nurses who have already completed a diploma or associate degree in Nursing.
The RN-BSN Program is specifically designed to provide the graduate with an educational foundation in the arts and sciences as well as nursing, to serve as a basis for graduate education and as a commitment to lifelong learning. The program assists the RN with the synthesis of theories and research findings into the role of the professional nurse, and builds upon the RN’s competencies in nursing by providing increasingly complex experiences in a variety of settings. Graduates are thus prepared to assume a wide range of professional nursing roles in diverse health care environments.
The RN-BSN Program is offered in its entirety in a traditional classroom at the Community College of Allegheny County – South Campus in West Mifflin.
For more information about our traditional classes, call the Department of Nursing at 724-938-5739.
The program is fully accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
If you are not already a registered nurse please click here to learn how to become one.
EMPLOYERS that have hired our graduates:
- Amedisys Home Care and Hospice
- Allegheny General Hospital
- Jefferson Regional Medical Center
- Mercy Hospital
- Mon Valley Hospital
- Mon Valley Skilled Nursing Center
- Monongalia General Hospital (WV)
- Pennsylvania Department of Corrections
- Pennsylvania Department of Health
- Pennsylvania School Districts
- St. Clair Hospital
- Uniontown Hospital
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center - Braddock, Children's, McKeesport, Presbyterian, Shadyside, & South Side Hospitals
- Veterans Administration Hospitals
- Washington Hospital