Non-traditional studentsNon-traditional students

Social Science: Non-traditional students

Non-Degree Student

If you're not interested in pursuing an undergraduate degree, California University of Pennsylvania offers you the opportunity to register for undergraduate classes as a non-matriculating student. A completed application, non-refundable $25 application fee and all required official transcripts must be submitted to the Office of Lifelong Learning. You are also strongly urged to make an appointment prior to registration for guidance on course selection. Students may complete up to 30 credits in a non-degree-seeking status. After reaching 30 credits, you must either declare a major or indicate in writing that you do not plan to pursue a degree at Cal U.

Registration for non-degree students is done through the Office of Lifelong Learning located in Room 202 of the Eberly Science and Technology Center. Registration can be done online, in person or by fax. Note: Non-matriculating/non-degree-seeking students are not eligible for financial aid.

Degree-Seeking Students

An application for Evening College is available from the Office of Lifelong Learning, or you may apply online. The application must be completed and submitted with a non-refundable $25 application fee. Official transcripts are required prior to admission to the program. Individuals who begin as non-degree students and later decide to complete a degree must be in good academic standing at the time of application.

Credit by Examination (CLEP)

You may also receive credit by examination through the College Level Examination Program of the College Board (CLEP). Information on the CLEP Program or test dates can be obtained by contacting the Academic Scheduling and Placement-Testing Center at 724-938-5779.