We have been very fortunate in that we have achieved a 100% job placement rate since graduating our first class in 2009. We feel this is due to four factors:
- the required internships that are a critical component of our program,
- our focus on career development and the importance of networking and presenting a professional image (through course requirements, attendance at the PGA Show, and participation in our PGM Student Society meetings and Guest Speaker Series),
- the strength of our curriculum,
- the great students who come through our program!
Recent Golf Management Success Stories Include:
CLASS OF 2014
- Matthew Holmes is a seasonal assistant at Oakmont Country Club in Oakmont, PA.
- Ryan Wilhelm acquired an assistant professional position at The Wilderness at Fortune Bay in Tower, MN.
- Zachary Bolland serves as an assistant professional at Sankaty Head Golf Club and Orchid Island Golf and Beach Club in Vero Beach, FL.
- Casey Cromwell recently acquired an assistant professional position at St. Clair Country Club in Pittsburgh, PA.
- Bryce Beach is the first assistant professional at Trump National DC and winters at Trump National Doral in Miami, FL.
- Mitchell Steelman alternates between Sunnybrook Golf Club in Philadelphia, PA and Ocean Reef Club in Key Largo, FL.
CLASS OF 2013:
- Drew Herchko is a full time supervisor at Titleist headquarters in Carlsbad, California.
- Derrick Knopsnyder is a sales associate for Callaway Golf and a professional comedian.
- Mike Cuscino worked at the esteemed Oakmont Country Club and winters at the Seminole Golf Club in Jupiter, FL
- Kimberly Thomas is an Assistant Professional at East Hamptons Golf Club in Montauk, NY.
- Eli Mireles is the Second Assistant Professional at Cattail Creek Country Club just outside of Washington, D.C.
- Benjamin Heinlein is a Golf Academy Instructor at Nemacolin Woodlands Resort.
CLASS OF 2012:
- Lori Painter was already employed as the Head Professional at Lindenwood Golf Club prior to graduation.
- Dianne Luke is a member of the Malaysian National Golf Team, where she is successfully competing and honing her skills on the international amateur ranks.
- Sean Knaus is the Assistant Professional at the exclusive Pittsburgh Field Club in Pittsburgh, PA.
- Nick Domachowski is an Assistant Professional at Olde Florida in Naples, FL and SouthPointe Golf Club.
- Joseph D’Auria is an accounts manager at the Lady Lucky Casino in Farmington, PA.
CLASS OF 2011:
- Adam Laird has worked at Westchester Country Club, Friar's Head, and The Valley Club of Montecito in Santa Barbara, California.
- Zack Rothaus serves as a representative for the Callaway Golf Company and has worded at Lake Nona Golf and Country Club.
- Nick Dunn has served as the Assistant Golf Professional at the Prestigious Longue Vue Club just outside of Pittsburgh.
- Katie Kirk has worked her way up the ranks of military golf courses in the US, having worked at Andrews Air Force Base before moving up to the Assistant Professional ranks at Eisenhower Golf Club in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
CLASS OF 2010:
- Peter Swanson has spent 5 years as an Assistant Professional at Firestone Country Club, wintering at PGA National Resort and Spa.
- Shane Battistoni is an Assistant Professional at Laurel Valley Golf Club, wintering at Lake Nona Golf and Country Club.
- Joe Hyde served as the Food and Beverage Manager and Assistant General Manager at Pittsburgh National Golf Club while still an undergraduate. He is now working for the US Government in Southern California, where he plays golf on a regular basis.
- Sylvester Richards is the Golf Academy Manager and a teaching professional at the Everybody Golf School, the busiest teaching academy in the metropolitan Washington, DC area.
CLASS OF 2009:
- Joe Merlin spent three years as an Assistant Professional at Pittsburgh Field Club, wintering at the Loxahatchee Club, before transitioning to Metedeconk National Golf Club.
- Kyle Ruane is now the General Manager and Head Golf Professional at Gilbertsville Golf Club.
- Josh Seelye spent four years as an Assistant Professional at the prestigious Crooked Stick Golf Club in Carmel, Indiana and is now a partner in a successful business enterprise.
- Michael First is the Tournament Coordinator at Sea Island Resort in Georgia
- Blake Schutte served as the First Assistant at Cranberry Highlands Golf Course while he was still an undergraduate, before becoming the Owner and CEO of his own multimillion-dollar company.