There shall be two classes of membership: (a) regular, and (b) honorary. Both classes shall be entitled to all the rights and privileges of full membership in the association except that honorary members shall not be eligible to vote, to serve as voting members of the board of directors or to hold offices in the association.
- Regular members shall be all those persons who have graduated in any of the prescribed curricula offered by the State Normal School for the Tenth District, Southwestern State Normal School, California State Teachers College, California State College or California University of Pennsylvania.
- Honorary members shall include all trustees, faculty members, all who have formerly been enrolled for more than one semester (session) and friends who have expressed interest in the association and the University, as well as any person to whom honorary membership might be presented by action of the Alumni Association board of directors.
Approved per Alumni Association board of directors, Homecoming meeting, 10/20/07
The Alumni Association of California University of Pennsylvania exists to support and promote the interests of the University and expand awareness of its achievements to the broader community.
The purposes of the association are as follows:
- To exist solely for the benefit of the University
- To make a financial contribution to the University or to provide similar benefits to the University on a regular basis satisfactory to the President and Council of Trustees of the University
- To support the mission and goals of the University as delineated in the California University of Pennsylvania mission statement and to expand awareness of the University’s achievements to the broader community.
The Alumni Scholarship Fund
The Alumni Association board of directors awards 20 $1,000 scholarships annually to freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors. Making a contribution to the Alumni Scholarship Fund [https://www.calu.edu/givetocal/commitment.jsp] is secure and easy.
For more information on how to become a member of the Alumni Association Board of Directors, contact the Office of Alumni Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5/31/2013, 8:30 AM 6/1/2013, - 10:00 PM
Alumni from the Class of 1963 are invited to campus for their 50th reunion celebration on May 31 and June 1. You won't want to miss the Alumni Awards of Distinction Luncheon, Alumni Board election meeting, President's Gala and more! To RSVP for any of the events listed below, contact the Office of... More
6/20/2013, 9:00 AM - 9:00 AM
Register Executives from Apple Inc. and educators from Cal U are teaming up June 20-21 to present "Fueling the Learning Experience," a look at how laptops, iPads and mobile computing are transforming education. Led by these experts in technology education, participating K-12 teachers and university... More