Alumni Print Directory
Alumni Directory project
Every five years, the California University of PA Alumni Association prints an alumni directory, and the 2013 directory project is about to begin! Over the next couple of months, Publishing Concepts, Inc. (PCI) will be contacting alumni like you via mail, phone, and e-mail to request that you update your information. We understand that you might not want to provide your information to just anyone, so we want you to know that their request for your information is legitimate.
Below is information about the project and PCI. If you have any questions, feel free to call the Alumni Office at 724-938-4418 or write us at email@example.com.
Frequently Asked Questions By Alumni
1. I received a phone call from a company asking for my personal information. They said they were working on a directory for California University of Pennsylvania. Is this a legitimate project, or is it a scam?
The company we are working with to produce our new alumni directory is PCI: the data company (also known as Publishing Concepts.) PCI is a company that creates and publishes alumni directories for educational institutions. They are located in Dallas, TX, and their customer service number is 1-800-982-1590.
2. I want to verify my information is correct. How can I do this?
There are a few ways to accomplish this. If you have received an email or postcard with a telephone number, you may call to speak with a representative who will walk you through the verification process. If you have received an email with a personalized URL, you may go to the online site to check your information. If you have questions, you may call PCI’s customer service desk at 1-800-982-1590.
3. I ordered a directory/package over the phone and would like to cancel my order. How do I do this?
Call the PCI customer service help desk at 1-800-982-1590, and they will take care of this for you.
4. When will I receive my directory?
The total duration of the directory project is about 12 months. Since we began the project in January 2012, the directories will be distributed in January 2013.
5. Someone at PCI called me a few months ago about the alumni directory. I didn’t place an order at the time, but I would like to now. Can I still do that?
If the directory has not yet been printed, you can still reserve a copy at the regular price. If the directory has already been printed, you can purchase a directory at a price to be determined (while supplies last.)
6. Can I choose for some or all of my information to not be printed in the directory?
Absolutely. You may tell the caller what information you would prefer to have excluded when you call to update/verify your information. You may also communicate this information to the PCI customer service desk or to the Alumni Association.
7. Can anyone purchase a directory?
The California University of Pennsylvania Alumni Directory is available for sale only to Cal U alumni.
8. How do I know my information will only be used for directory purposes?
California University of Pennsylvania has a contractual agreement with PCI that states:
a. The names, addresses and information provided to PCI by Client for the publication of the Directory will be held confidential by PCI, except to the extent that they are utilized in, or in the preparation of, the Directory and except as required by court order or law.
b. The Directory will be made available only to alumni of Client listed in the Directory. Upon completion of the project, PCI will return to Client any and all electronic files that have been supplied by Client or produced by PCI in connection with the production of the Directory.