Alumni Career and Professional Development
The CAL U Career and Professional Development Center is proud to assist our graduates by providing resources and events for lifelong career connections! Whether you are looking for a job or seeking a career change, or you are seeking to hire or mentor CAL U students and graduates, we can help.
As a CAL U graduate, you have access to free, lifelong career services through the CAL U Career and Professional Development Center. We provide:
- Individualized career coaching and planning sessions with our professional staff (in person or by phone)
- Career assessments to identify your skills, interests and values
- Assistance with your job search, including job search strategies, resume and interview preparation
- Job postings and resume referral through Hire CALYou - CAL U's online career center
- Opportunities to network with CAL U alumni and employers through our CALU Career Network on LinkedIn.
- Interviews on campus
- Job and career fairs
- Career planning and job search websites
- Online workshops
Frequently asked questions:
There is never a fee for our services. Some off-campus job fairs charge a small registration fee. Services are available lifelong for all Cal U alumni.
Just call us at 724-938-4413 to schedule an appointment. If you live within an hour of campus, we would love to meet with you in person; if you live farther away, we can meet by phone.
During your appointment, you will talk with a professional career advisor who is well versed on career issues and occupations. If you are unsure of what career fields may interest you, the advisor may utilize career assessments to help you to clarify your interests, skills and values and to explore career options. Other appointment topics might involve developing a networking and job search plan, creating a resume and portfolio tailored to the career field of interest to you, practicing your interviewing skills, or discussing graduate school or other continued education.
Yes, our career advisors are available to help you learn how to create or update your resume and to conduct a mock interview. Online resources for creating an effective resume and practicing your interview skills are available on Hire CALYOU.
A good place to start is Hire CalYOU, CAL U's online career center.
Our "What Can I Do with a Major in ..." site will help you to identify career options and employers hiring Cal U graduates. You can also find success stories of some of our graduates.
Whether you're looking to fill an internship, Co-op or full-time position, CAL U can offer you quality candidates. We offer a variety of ways to connect with our students, including:
- Job postings and internship postings
- On-campus recruiting and information tables
- Job and internship fairs and networking events
- Company visits
- Job shadowing opportunities
- CAL U Career Network on LinkedIn
- Become a CAL U Career Coach
We look forward to helping you connect with CAL U students and graduates! Just contact us at email@example.com or 724-938-4413 to get started.